Sunday, May 07, 2006


Here is the progress so far on my Seraphina Shawl. Since the weather has changed, I don't feel a big push to get it finished, as the temperatures are running in the mid-80's, and will only go up from there. As soon as I go to work though, I remember why I am working on it. The hotter it is outside, the cooler it is in my work area. We are located next to some critical computer equipment, so they keep the temperature low around us. Luckily, everyone in my group would rather be cool than hot, so we don't complain until our teeth start chattering. It is hard in the summer to come and go....65 degrees inside, and 115 degrees outside, and that is before we go get in the car! To keep me motivated to finish it, I have started marking where I start so I can see my progress. As it gets bigger, it takes longer to make a row, and one row isn't as noticeable, so I feel like I am not getting anywhere. There is hope though. I just need to keep plugging along and not get sidetracked!

In my previous post, I talked about Alli's birthday. Today, while I was trying to get a few things finished up (like wash my car!) she helped herself to the extra cupcakes. She thought pretty highly of herself for finding them hidden in the microwave! I am still cleaning up cupcake crumbs (all over the new couch, of course!) She got a complete change of clothes, and will obviously need a bath tonight!

No comments: