Sunday, July 02, 2017

Woohoo!  A 'day off' for me today!  I ran around yesterday like a mad woman yesterday, and (with AJ's help) got the yard done, the house done, the shopping done, etc., so my day is clear today (well, except for laundry, cooking, cleaning the kitchen, etc....)! Yesterday, AJ mowed, and I sprayed the weeds with round-up, blew all the leaves into the yard so they can be mowed (this heat has shocked my trees - they are dropping leaves like it's October!) and weeded my garden, watered plants, etc., and then vacuumed, mopped, etc. in the house.  Whew!  I need the day off!  Even with all of that, I still had some sewing time yesterday!

Book club was last Wednesday, and we read "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty.  Good book!  It was a little slow at times, but I really enjoyed it.  Central to the story was a young girl found murdered, with a rosary in her hand.  The bookmark this month was 'rosary like'....if there is such a thing.   I really like how they turned out.





Meredith had been gifted with the yarn that I used - a beautiful ribbon yarn. I need to see what else I can do with it for her - she has several balls of it.


I found a quite large bee hanging out in my mint plant the other day - pretty impressive!

No comments: