Friday, February 19, 2016

Last Saturday found me at my first wine tasting event.  Margene is a member of the Matson Winery, and invited me to go with her to taste some wine and pick up her quarterly order.  It was a beautiful Spring day out there - especially since it was the beginning of February!  The winery is beautiful....


We took the dogs for a walk in the sunshine too....



What happy girls!!!!


And yes, the grass really is that green....



While I was outside the other day, I noticed a bird sitting on the feeder that didn't fly away as I approached....not a good sign.  Poor baby - he was definitely sick.  This morning, there was an article in the paper - take down your bird feeders to stop the spread of a disease that's killing local birds. Down came the feeder this morning!  Bummer - I really enjoy watching the different birds come in.


Here is the next batch of blocks for my quilt club quilt.  I didn't get much more done than these blocks in the way of quilting (or anything else, really...) this weekend.  I'm liking the blocks, but there are so many little pieces!  It might not look like it, but there are 6 separate pieces of material in the space between the lids on the jar block.  6!


Ralph spent last weekend over at Crescent City learning to kayak in the ocean.  He had a blast and came home exhausted.  On my way in to pick him up Monday night, I had to stop for the sunset.


No comments: