Monday, November 30, 2015

We made it through another family gathering!!!  We were missing Sarah, and Kody's girlfriend Shannon - other than that, I think we had everyone!  Joe's son, daughter-in-law and grand baby came, and Dave's quasi-step daughter Julie came, so we had 16 adults and a 2 year-old.  We had two turkeys (and one wasn't touched!  Talk about leftovers......) a ham, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, roasted sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, roasted Brussels sprouts, lots and lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, tons of appetizers, and to top it off, a cherry pie, a pumpkin pie, a cheese cake, and a flour-less chocolate torte.  Everyone helped put it all together - and I think everyone actually enjoyed the day!  I even tried my hand at making Mom' giblet gravy.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't just like hers either.  I had been hoping it would be warm enough so people could enjoy outside, but...too chilly!  My hands are chapped and sore from so much washing, but....on with Christmas!

AJ helped me bring down decorations yesterday.  I'm not putting up the tree this year, so my decorations are pretty easy.  I'm going for a minimalistic approach this year - just a few of my snowmen, the stockings, the creche, and some lights.  I've gotten a lot cleared out of the 'computer room' on it's way to becoming a sewing room/office.  I'm in more of a mood to see clear space than decorations right now.

The entry-way...

The bookcase...


The piano


The curio cabinet - this one needs something behind it - too much white!!!

No comments: