Monday, July 06, 2015

One of the heirloom tomato plants I got at Turtle Bay is Aunt Ruby's Green Tomato.  It is HUGE!  I missed the part about them being "green' tomatoes and was waiting for them to ripen.....The big one was a little over-ripe when I picked it yesterday.  




I cut it up and served it with fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil from the garden - drizzled with homemade balsamic vinegar last night.  Margene's boyfriend Dean (from Minnesota I think!) is visiting for the summer, along with his daughter.  We had them down for dinner last night - grilled chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh fruit, the before-mentioned tomato, and.....fresh blackberry pie and homemade ice cream!  Ralph picked enough blackberries on his morning walk with Luna to make a pie.  Yum!!!  Then we played a 3-handed game of crib - fun evening!

Sunset the other evening:



No comments: