Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Christmas present to myself - a membership to Turtle Bay.  My New Year's resolution - to actually use it!  While I don't need a membership to walk on the River Trail, you are supposed to have a membership to visit the Arboretum.  Margene and I went for a walk there last Sunday.  The weather was a bit cool with a high overcast - not the best for pictures, but I think we did pretty good anyway.

Right as we entered the park, I noticed we had company.....


And the speck at the top of this tree is a very cold hummingbird.



When Meredith and I visited this pond earlier in the winter, it had a thin layer of ice on it.  Now, it has beautiful reflections instead.


Something startled the sea gulls as we were walking by......












While we were walking, we came upon a very odd sight.....


When I showed AJ the pictures, he called them 'fuzzies' - people who dress up in animal costumes just to dress up in animal costumes.  They may be odd, but they looked like they were having fun, and the little kids loved them!  The black and white creature on the right didn't speak - even to the others, everything was pantomimed.  They were there for a couple of hours at least - just wandering around in costume.

No comments: