Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's too dark to tell yet if we have any wind damage from this storm - but if we don't, it's not from lack of wind!  I don't know how strong the gusts are, but they were pretty strong.  Ralph woke me up at 1:00 and it was windy, but Alli woke me up at 4:00 and it was wild!!!  I haven't seen any major power outages (one of the big fears of the storm) yet.  We've had an inch of rain since midnight, and I'm sure that it was all sideways.  Today is garbage day, and I waited to put the cans out this morning, and by the time I put the second can out, the top of the first one had blown back.  I geared up in Ralph's rain jacket and my boots, and I'm still damp around the edges.

Luna is fitting in quite nicely now.  My dogs are so patient - she leaves food in her bowl, and they wait a really long time before they will eat it.  She's looking more and more like a husky mix.  The more I look at white shepherds, the more she isn't one.  She loooooves her squeaky toy that Dawn and I picked up last weekend.  It's missing an ear, but is otherwise holding up pretty well.  She has found a few things round the house to chew as well - bad puppy!

No comments: