Monday, July 07, 2014

It was a nice (but quick) trip to Susanville this weekend.  The termatures were much nicer up there!!!  Saturday, while Allison napped (see below) Mom showed me around her flower garden - what used to be the garden are.  She now has a few plants, but mostly flowers.


She had a red, white, and blue garden this year.  The red poppies were beautiful, but somehow I didn't get a good picture of them.  I think I got sidetracked by the butterflies.




When I came home from the store on Friday, I unloaded my groceries as usual.  I dropped a bag on the floor and didn't immediately pick it up - which was all that Picot was waiting for......


My garden is doing well - we ate the first of the tomatoes last night (and Ralph has killed three rats in it already - maybe his tomatoes will be safe now!) and my eggplant is ready to go too.  The zucchini is slowing down because of the heat, and so are the beans.


No comments: