Monday, March 17, 2014

For such a slow start yesterday, I got a lot done!  I did the quilting on my last (well - I have one more, but it is not even close to being on my to-do list) Thimbleberry quilt.  I got it as far as hand-sewing the binding down.  I bought fabric for an orange binding, but I decided at the last minute to use the backing as the binding.  I think it would have been too much orange.  




I did a couple of new (for me) techniques on this quilt.  I used a spray glue to hold my layers together (love it!!!) and I didn't just sew around my squares for the pattern.  I would like to do more on the last large edging, but....didn't have any ideas of what so....it isn't really quilted.

I also got the pool cleaned, the patio cleaned, leaves cleaned up on the back sidewalks, the blinds put up (finally!) and a few other odd jobs completed.  All in all - a productive day!  I was pooped though, by the end.  By the time I got the kitchen cleaned up after dinner, it was close to 8:00, and Alli put herself to bed about 8:15.  I got my crochet stuff out, but....I watched TV instead.  Not much crocheting going on, and I took myself to bed at 9:30.

No comments: