Sunday, July 07, 2013

Violets, cross book marks

Once again, I'm sitting out on the patio, enjoying the cool, drinking my coffee.  I could get used to this!  Of course, tomorrow starts back to the work week rush, so maybe not again until next weekend.....Then again, I just found a reason NOT to sit out here in the mornings.  The pool sweep's hose just disconnected, and it started spraying water all over the patio.  And I mean all over - it did look like the monster we call it!  

I tried to get a picture of my African Violets in the sun yesterday.  I didn't do them justice (mainly because by the time I finished cleaning Alli up and got the camera, I missed 'the moment') but they were beautifully lit from the back by the sun yesterday.



I also realized yesterday afternoon that my book club is meeting this week.  And I have no bookmarks.  Yet.  I have no ideas for bookmarks, either.  Yet.  I think I'm in trouble.  AJ had just gotten up (so it was almost 2:00 in the afternoon at this time, lazy slug!) as I was talking to myself, and he asked what the book was this time, and what was it about.  The book was Peace Like a River (which he hated the name of - it is ungrammatical, according to him - I can't judge that, not with my writing skills!)  I stated talking a bit about the book - based on the recollections of a boy who's father could do miracles based on his prayer and faith, and the family's problems - the oldest son killed two boys that broke into their house, then broke out of jail and went into hiding, the middle child had serious lung problems, etc.  AJ suggested maybe a cross?  Woohoo!  Thank you!

Yesterday afternoon, while watching the Giant's game (one of the oddest I've ever seen) I made 6 cross bookmarks.  Six is the minimum number I need, but I plan on making more, so I have extras and people have a choice of colors.


I also went to my quilting club yesterday.  I haven't touched my quilt in the last month.  I did cut out the fabric for the last set, but.....it is still sitting in there, waiting for me. Now I have fabric for the next quilt too.  I actually like the new quilt much better than the unfinished one, so I will probably start the new one before I finish it.  If I had done a better job, I would probably like the unfinished one better.  I keep thinking I need to rip it out and re-sew it, but then I think that I don't like it that much anyway, so why bother.  I need a good reason to put more work into it!

No comments: