Sunday, June 02, 2013

One slight sunburn, one sore ankle (from a misstep in the grass) and almost $400 later, the car wash is done.  Not too bad!  Especially considering it was 100 here yesterday!  (Okay - the highest I saw was 99, but that was here at the house, not on the pavement in the parking lot - it had to be at least 100 there!)  We had 8 scouts there, and keeping them busy was the biggest challenge.  They are so easy to distract, and....most of them have never washed cars before.  Becky spent most of her time washing behind them, and I spent most of my time showing them where they missed, how to wash, the most effective way to dry, deciding who's turn it was to do what, etc. After it was all done, one of the dads said "we need to do this every week!"  Really?  Okay - how about "you guys" do it every week!  Since this was to raise money for summer camp, the boys did pretty good - close to $50 each.  We already have ideas on how to make it better next time!  (one of them being - I'm not going! - they can wash my car for me though!!!)

No comments: