Sunday, September 02, 2012

I made it back all in one piece from San Diego!  I took tons of pictures - of course - and some were even decent!  The trip was great - the conference was good, the location and weather perfect!  It was so nice to be out of the smoky skies of Redding.  He stayed at The Hyatt, right on the harbor.  We were just a few blocks from the Gas Lamp District (lots of restaurants, shops and 'drinking establishments')  Here is a view from my hotel room toward the 'city'.

And here are a couple toward the harbor.  The large ship in the center right of the photo is the USS Midway museum.  Way cool!!

 I wondered a lot down in the harbor area between the sessions and dinner, and during the lunch break.  It was too nice to stay inside!


 I had to take a picture of this ship - it is The Allison C" - love it!
 Between the hotel and the harbor was 'Seaside Village', a collection of shops and restaurants.  It was also a cool place to walk around - people watching. 

They had a really cool carousel too - it was originally built in the late 1800's.  Beautiful!
 One of the walks I made took me out to "The Walk of Heroes' - artwork dedicated to those in the military.  One area was dedicated to Bob Hope.  They had statues of Bob Hope speaking into the microphone,and around him, different soldiers.  There was a looped tape of Bob Hope speaking (from Vietnam while I was there) playing as well.


 Some of the Cypress trees along the walk.  The USS Midway is in the background.
 This was taken along the harbor on our way to dinner one night.

No comments: