Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall is officially here!  We still have hot weather, but it is cooling down at night.  The mornings are so wonderful.  Dawn and I went to a wedding yesterday afternoon (Kandis, one of the ladies in the book club) and about melted during the ceremony.  It was comfortable in the shade, but the ceremony was held in full sun.  The location was beautiful - Mercy Oaks.  There is a beautiful fountain in the patio area - it was a beautiful wedding!  The words of the ceremony were just beautiful - very symbolic, and, once again, just beautiful!

I have several finished projects I hope to take pictures of later today.  I have the whole 'baby present' done for a co-worker that is expecting his first baby in a couple of weeks.  I made the star ripple afghan and a pair of baby booties, and then I crocheted around the edges of a couple of receiving blankets for him.  I am washing the last of the blankets this morning, and hope to get the whole thing put together this afternoon and take it to work tomorrow.

Dawn and I are meeting up with a couple of the book club ladies this afternoon to see "Messiah on the Frigidaire" - a play that another of the book club ladies is in - actually - she has the lead part.  I missed her last play - I just procrastinated too long.  I'm determined to see this one!  I do like live theater, I just don't get there much.  Having Malorie in my department at work, and having her involved in the local theaters means that I am seeing much more than I used to, just in support of her.

P.S.  I just found out via FaceBook that Kandis's house was broken into during the wedding.  They came home last night to a broken front door, blood on the porch from where they broke the window on the door, and three very scared kitties.   They are missing some stuff (electronics, jewelry, a couple of checks that were sent for the wedding), but everything else is okay.  What a terrible thing to come home to after your wedding!

No comments: