Sunday, June 24, 2012

What wonderful weather we are having.  Last Sunday, it was 105 degrees, and on Thursday, the high was around 75, and it rained.  Yesterday was a balmy 80 degrees or so - I didn't check the official temp, but it was nice!  Mom, Alli and I ran all over town shopping.  We did my normal grocery shopping, and then we hit Penney's for Mom.  She found her towels and ordered shoes (they didn't have her size in stock) and then we headed home.  I put the groceries away, and started potatoes for potato salad for dinner.  While they were cooling, we ran down to the outlets.  Alli was so good about all the shopping.  She sat in the dressing room very patiently for me while I tried on several dresses at Dress Barn.  I came home with two new dresses for a total of $32.00!!!  Nice!  One is missing a button, so I will have to replace all of the button on it (so they match) but the dress was still a steal!  On the way home, we stopped and got some strawberries (and had to go to two different strawberry beds - the first one was already closed!) and I made shortcake and whipped cream to go with the hamburgers, fries and strawberries for dinner.  Yum!  I even got my last bit of fabric cut for my quilt - all in all - a good (but busy) day - not to mention that Mom beat me in cribbage before dinner - I think she cheats!

No comments: