Sunday, June 03, 2012

I've been experimenting with Allison's hair.  Now that some of the layers have grown out, I can braid it (good thing - it's much cooler that way, and neater!)  I found a cute little side braid that captures the hair from the front and pulls it back into either a pony or a braid.  Too cute!  



Here are the afghan, booties and rattle I finished.  The afghan in the diagonal box pattern - such a easy afghan.  The booties on the left are flip-flops, and the ones on the right are sandals.  



Here is a close up of the flip-flops.


I also made a little lamb rattle - complete with jingle bells inside.  I've made the pattern before, but I think this was my most successful face on one.



My flooring is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, with the install on the following Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday).  I can hardly wait!  Next weekend is reserved for emptying out the bookcases and curio cabinets so they can be moved.  The installers are going to move the furniture, but they (rightfully) want all the fragile stuff out first.  It will be a good time to go through what is in them and winnow out the junk.  Good in theory, we'll see how it goes in practice.

No comments: