Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I did it!  I finished my quilt top last night!  I'm very proud of it, and once again, it was a learning experience - which means it isn't perfect, but I learned a lot!  It is so much better than the first one!  This time, most of my points match - what a shock!  I did have an issue last night - sheer stupidity.  I ran out of material for the last boarder strip.  I looked and looked, and found some scraps that I pieced together to get the final strip.  After everything was finished and pressed, I cleaned up, and found a piece that was hiding - I wasn't out of material at all!  Go figure.  Oh well, it's done.  I had to piece together a couple of pieces already because I misread how to cut my strips already.  What's one more?




While Mom was in town last weekend, we enjoyed a visit from a very large bee.  He was huge!  He was also so covered in pollen from my day lilies by the time he was done that he looked almost all orange.


Indy enjoying the top of the curio cabinet - I haven't put much back on top yet.  Now I'm afraid to!


Mom and I also went for walk out in the back field area, and found a beautiful heron.



I also finally finished a doily!  I started this back in March, and just now finished it.

No comments: