Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time for the weekend - time to slow down, and try to relax a little bit.  This week just flew by!I spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Sacramento for a conference.  I got home just in time to fix dinner Wednesday night!  By the time I unwound from the trip, unpacked, etc, it was a late night.  Thursday was a true whirlwind - a  'try to catch up' day at work, and they had been busy while I was gone , and we sere still shorthanded, and I had Alli's IEP meeting on Thursday afternoon.  I then had a nail appointment after work on Thursday, and then needed to bake a cheesecake when I got home (after I fixed dinner, of course) so it was another busy day/late night for me, and then Friday night, we had a Scout Council meeting after work.  I got in from work, started dinner, and went to that meeting, and got home at 9:00 or so.  I seriously need some 'down time'.  At least work was beginning to get under control by Friday afternoon.  It helped that I was able to be there the whole day, and not be running around dealing with rental cars and IEP meetings, etc.  Whew!

Alli's IEP went really well.  She will be staying at Anderson next year.  We had some good discussion between the school Psychologist, the teacher, the Adaptive PE Coach and the rep from Far Northern, and got some good ides for some things to do with Allison.  The PE Coach is going to try to get some swim time in for Alli - I didn't even know Anderson had a pool!    That is so cool!  She will get some PE time that will really give her some exercise!  She also walks the track, but I don't know how much other exercise she really gets in class.   She does participate in the Wii exercises, I hear - in her own unique way.  She likes to spin in front of the projector, just so everyone will yell at her to move, according to the staff.  She just spins and smiles!

We are going to a 'Celebration of Life' for Auntie Inez this afternoon.  I need to get in gear and get some munchies made t take - and get going and go shopping!  Alli let me sleep in this morning, and we are just now getting started.  Alli needed to sleep in - she was up at 4:00 yesterday, and hadn't gone to sleep until almost 11:00 - she had to be exhausted!  Ralph has a cold (that has probably turned into something else - he is going to the doctor's today) and while I was at the scout meeting, he napped on the couch, and Alli put herself to bed.  Of course, that meant she didn't brush her teeth or put on her jammies (and even worse - didn't get a dry diaper before bedtime!!)  She slept through the night until 6:45 this morning, and I don't even need to change her bed sheets!  She was tired!  Now, we both need to get a shower and some breakfast, and get our day started!

No comments: