Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good thing I didn't plan out Sunday in fine detail, what plans I did have changed quickly.  I got a text in the morning from a friend that lives in Paradise - she was in town visiting her sister, could I stop by?  And bring my quilt?  Sure to both!  (Just give me a few minutes to make myself presentable - I was running behind a bit!)  I had a nice morning/afternoon visiting - the rest of my stuff just had to wait!  I did put in a few minutes on the quilt Sunday night - it needs a lot more than a few minutes!  I want to have the quilting done in time to take it to Mom's next week.  I think I'm going to need help with the binding, and if I have everything else done, maybe she can help with that.  (Hint, hint again, Mom!!)

We are rained in again today - it looks like a nice wet storm too.  I put on a skirt this morning, and I think I'm going to change to pants and boots!  The weather forecast looks a bit damp, cold and windy.  I do have an errand to run at lunch, so I will be out and about in it.  Yesterday, Alli had her appointment with her dermatologist, who was quite happy with Alli's skin.  It looks much better.  We need to continue with the medication for another couple of weeks, and then start conditioning her skin from the dryness the medication has caused.  She did notice what looks like a staph infection starting on her legs, so put her on antibiotic for that as well.

While we were waiting for the prescription to be filled, I ran by Joann's and picked up a larger rotary cutting mat, a rotary cutter and some fleece to make the baby afghan (maybe) out of.  One thing I forgot - a ruler.  I'm going back in today to pick that up, and then I can get started on that project.  I have two baby booties almost done - just a few finishing details, and that project will be done.  I would like to make a couple more pairs of booties while I have then yarn out.  Tonight is Scouts, so I may start on the 'leaves' for the baby afghan, since they don't take a lot of concentration, and I need a lot of them.

No comments: