Monday, January 16, 2012

I ended up with a busy weekend!  Mom called Saturday afternoon, and while we were talking, she decided to come visit me on Sunday.  She and a friend of hers (who had never been to Redding) came over Sunday and stayed until this afternoon.  We had a nice visit, and we took Mom's friend to the Sundial Bridge Sunday, and then today, out to Whiskeytown and Shasta Dam.  We could have gone a few other places, but the friend forgot to mention she got car sick, so we called it quits after Shasta Dam.

We were at the bridge Sunday in time for sunset (too much time talking at the house!) and it was a bit brisk.  Okay, it was down right cold - the wind was freezing!







Today's trip was still cold, but most of it was driving.  Here is Alli at Whiskeytown, by the Glory Hole:



And Alli up at Shasta Dam




Mom and Alli at Shasta


Shasta Lake and Mt Shasta


While I was waiting for Mom to arrive Sunday, I started playing with my quilt pieces.  I was able to get quite a bit done while waiting - and would have had a lot more done if it weren't for having to stop and rip out what I had done (the very first thing I did was use the wrong seem allowance - everything had to be done twice!).  When I was pressing these blocks for the picture, I realized that one of the blocks had a square of fabric upside down, so I STILL had to rip out and start over again.  Sigh!  After Mom left today, I managed to fix my error and got a little bit further on the project.  Not too bad!  It is going faster than I thought it would.  The original project looked pretty big when we started, but I put a big dent in it this weekend.

No comments: