Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vacation is over, bummer.  The weekends don't count as vacation because I still have all my 'normal' chores on the weekend....grocery shopping, laundry, housecleaning, etc.  I did manage to get most of my to-do list done.  Yesterday was the Christmas Breakfast at work - the officers make and serve breakfast to the staff.  I was up at 4:30 yesterday to bake a quiche, and at work by 6:30 to start handing out menus and start serving.  I also took in the cookie plates, and little goodie bags, included gloves and snowflakes for my staff.  

We had a bit of snafu here before I left - Ralph was supposed to put Alli on the bus for me, since it come at 6:30, and I needed to be at work by then.  He was having a low blood sugar moment, so poor AJ got rudely awakened and got to deal with his sister.  I had everything done but feeding her breakfast and brushing her teeth, so he did fine.  He was a bit surprised about how hard it was to brush her teeth - she didn't cooperate for him at all!  He went right back to bed after she got on the bus too.  (Yes, leaving the kitchen mess for me when I got home, but.....he saved my butt!)

I do still have more baking to do.  Alli's classroom has requested sugar cookies for Monday, so Sunday I'll be making more sugar cookies.  AJ spent the night at Conner's last night, and on his way out, asked if he could take cookies to them, too.  What could I say, he had saved me that morning, of course he could take cookies!  So I owe Ralph a new batch of peanut butter cookies, and since I'm making more cookies, I may whip up a few more than I'm short on and send them to Dallas' brother, who is stationed in Oklahoma.  I should have already shipped them if he was going to get them for Christmas, but his mom and I decided they could be 'New Year's cookies instead.  I don't think he will mind!

Alli went back to the orthodics place last night for them to check on her brace.  She is finally wearing it again, and her arm is doing okay (where it cut her before) but now her skin is acting up again,.  Oh bother!  If it isn't one thing it's another with that stupid brace.  They scrubbed it out really well, and we kept it off last night so it could dry.  Today I'll give her a good scrubbing in the shower, and douse her down with some topical meds.  Hopefully it won't turn nasty on us again!  On the way home from her appointment, I pulled over to take a picture of the sunset - gorgeous!



No comments: