Sunday, December 04, 2011



Ralph, AJ, and David (AJ's friend) brought down the decorations yesterday, and I got the tree up late afternoon.  


I didn't do a lot of decorating this year - I think I got a bit intimidated!  I went with a friend to a home decorating party Saturday morning.  Boy, am I a disaster!  The lady has 8 trees in her house!  Everything in her house was perfect!  (Of course, the lady does want to open a home decorating business as a side business, so she is way into decorating)  It was actually inspiring to see what she does, and how she does it.  Most of her decorations are cheap - a few collectibles, but most are things she buys on clearance after Christmas, or at garage sales, thrift stores, etc.  The 'thrill of hte hunt' is half the fun, she said.  "What could I do with this?"  She is working with the friend I went with to decorate a "Penguin Tree" (M collects penguins) and was giving her all kinds of advice.  Me.....I just throw up non-breakable ornaments and hope they stay there.  Here is the main reason why:



Indy was in the tree this morning when I got up, and there are ornaments already strung throughout the computer room.  Hurry up New Years!  (Not really, I do enjoy the Christmas season - just not chasing the cats out of the trees)

No comments: