Saturday, December 10, 2011

Last night, after dinner, Alli bonded with Jasper for a few minutes.  Jasper usually sits next to Ralph for him to pet her after dinner, but he was busy in on the computer, so I guess she decided to try Alli.  She sat down beside Alli and leaned up against her chair, and Alli reached down and pet her head and played with her ears (very soft ears) for several minutes.  When Alli stopped, Jasper got up and wandered away.  Very odd and very special!


The pictures aren't the greatest because I grabbed my cell phone, instead of trying to get up and get my 'good' camera.  The cell is pretty darn good for a phone, but....I would have liked to have had my good camera within reach for these shots!!

I had a very productive first day of vacation yesterday.  I finished up a couple of projects that had been hanging out for a while (like a snowflake that I started two weeks ago that needed a whole 5 more minutes. Sheesh - you'd think I could have finished it a long time ago!) and cleaned up the house and made 6 more pairs of gloves for the bazaar.  We actually renamed it a "boutique' - a lot of nice stuff in there - no longer is it a craft fair!  I'm not selling a lot so far, but I did get some orders for some hats - 2 of them for after Christmas.  I need to pick up the yarn today for one, and see how the pattern works out.  I am also making a matching set of gloves (fingerless) hat and scarf for a friends daughter and her American Girl doll.  I have the doll set done, and start the girl set.  I would like to get that finished up today.

I also took the dogs for a nice walk yesterday afternoon.  After it warmed up, it was a beautiful day here.  (Our low was around 25 degrees - brrr!)  Not too long ago, I was taking pictures of the fall leaves.  This time, I was taking pictures of trees with no leaves at all.  How fast things change!

The dogs had a great time, and I hope to make myself take them for a walk every day I am on vacation.  We all enjoy it so much.  It was a pretty busy day for a vacation day!  Hopefully the rest of the week will be just as productive.  I have a lit a mile long of things that need to get done, or a least thing I want to get done.  If half the things get crossed off my list, I will be happy!

No comments: