Sunday, October 30, 2011

No! No! NO!  (Visualize tantrum here)  I think I'm coming down with a cold!  I don't have TIME for a cold!  I don't LIKE colds!  I don't WANT a cold!  Whine, whine whine!  Hopefully Airbourne will work it's magic, and I won't actually get sick.  Luckily, I got most of the housework done yesterday, but today was reserved for baking and cooking.  I want to make sugar cookies both for Allison's classroom and for me to take to work (and maybe some for Ralph and Alex?)  We are also having a potluck at work tomorrow, and I was going to make up some enchiladas today, which means I need to cook the pork roast today, and then make the enchiladas.  I know it will all work out, and I am so happy I have my new mixer to make my cookies!  (Hey - it's being thankful for the little things that get you through life!)

I did a dry run for my costume for work yesterday, and I think it will work out fine.  I was worried about wearing a costume all day and trying to work (did I mention the last day of the month is usually very busy for us???)  My department is dressing up with a "spider" theme.  Two are coming as 'black widows' - women wearing black - and the rest of us are coming as a 'themed' spider.  While we were tossing out ideas, one person googled spiders, and started reading off the different types of spiders, and it just took off from there.  Did you know there is a Pirate spider, a Hobo spider, a Jewel spider, a Parson spider, and a Candystriper spider?  The names are just too much fun!  I am going as a Hobo Spider - I'm dressing as a hobo, and will have my spider in my bindle!  I'm thinking of making him his very own little bindle to hang from a stick too.  (Of course, that was BEFORE I decided to dome down with a cold - we'll see!)  The department draped spider web stuff over a lot of the department on Friday, and we are going in early tomorrow to finish decorating.  I'll post pictures of the finished projects!

No comments: