Saturday, October 29, 2011

I finally made it to the weekend - yippee!  What a long week - busy at work, busy at home.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with friends this week - some bad, but a lot good.  It was nice to talk to friends that I don't talk to often!  (It does eat up an evening, though.)  Between work being extra busy (the last week of the month and the first week of the month are our busiest times) and spending my evening chatting instead of my normal house work, my house is a wreck!  Today is cleaning day, and I started a little early last night.  I went to sit down in the computer room and watch TV, and I could barely find the couch.  I piled up all of AJ's stuff and put it in his room.  Now his room is a mess, but I can enjoy the computer room again.  His idea of 'cleaning up the computer room' is taking the dirty dishes out - which is a start, I admit, but that is not the end!  Oh well - it look good now!

And, I realized this morning, Thanksgiving is at my house this year - I need to do some major cleaning between now and then - carpets and drapes and dusting (I only dust once a year - whether it needs it or not, LOL) etc.  I think I will try to go through some of the stuff I have and minimize it a bit - it always looks cleaner without clutter!  We'll see how far I get on that plan.

No comments: