Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whew!  What a week!  Did I mention I hate moving??  The office move is complete.  I went in yesterday for a few hours to get some reports done, and while they were running (that program is soooo sloooow!) I finished putting all of my desk back in order.  I even have a large box of papers to shred, and a large box of papers that I need to keep, but I won't look at unless an auditor wants to see them.  They went in a large box that can be stored somewhere other than at my desk - whew!  There is still a bit of moving to do - we are getting two or three more cabinets, so we have paper stacked on top of cabinets, waiting for them to come in.  The movers would not move our lateral files full of paper, so we had to unload 5 lateral files (7 boxes of files for each cabinet) and our fire-proof note cabinet for them to move them, and then load them back up.  What a chore!  Since we had to take every thing out of the cabinets, we decided to reorganize everything too.  I may never find anything again!

Here's my view from my new desk.  I actually have a more private desk now, which is nice, but it also isolates me a bit from the rest of the department.  (I may never know what is going on now!)  All of the stuff on the desk is now put away nicely.




We found a motorcycle for AJ last week.  Ralph's BMW started having fuel issues (pump or filter, we don't know - you have to pull the gas tank off to see, and for that it needs to go the BMW mechanic in Chico, because all of the seals would need to be replaced if you pull it.)  Ralph thought the cost of repairs would probably be close the the cost of a new (used) bike for AJ, and it is a 1987 BMW - there will be something else to fix pretty soon!  This is a 2003 Honda - just a bit newer, and there are local mechanics for it if it should need it.  AJ likes it, so far.



It was a bit loud at my house yesterday.  The Airshow is in town, and we are in the flight path (sort of) for the jets.  Ralph is going over today to take a look around.  The Scouts put up temporary fencing for the show, so they get a free pass to the show.  AJ gave his pass to Ralph, since he didn't want to go.









The view from the backyard was pretty amazing.  

No comments: