Monday, September 19, 2011

I tried a new project this weekend - lacy fingerless gloves.  One of the ladies in my department asked if I could make them - she thought they looked cool.  I'm not a big fan, but...the pattern turned out pretty nice.  I used the lace weight yarn that I had that has sequins built into it, so they are quite sparkly!  I only made one, just in case this wasn't what she was looking for,  I started another pair in Peruvian wool that is a simple single crochet in the back loop.  They are very boring to make!  I'm thinking of ripping them out and trying it with a half-double crochet - at least they will go faster, even if they are boring!





We got Alli in the water again this weekend - the pool is cold!  Since it is so cool at night, the water has cooled considerably, even though we are in the high 90's during the day.  She needed a bit of help to get in the pool (i.e. I gave her a little push!)


No comments: