Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Happy birthday to me!  I can't believe I'm 50 - where did that time go?  I don't feel 50 - what ever that is supposed to feel like, so I think I'll just ignore the number, and keep going!

Alli and I made a quick trip to Susanville this weekend, and we took the long way there.  We drove through Lassen Park, and boy, was it crowded!  I thought it might be, but I didn't really expect as many cars as were there.  I had to wait almost 10 minutes to just get into the park.  This little guy was amusing me while we waited:


Here's part of the line of cars I was waiting in:


The views were worth the wait, though! 







Alli and I stopped at the rest stop just above Almanor Lake, and I got a couple of good shots of her - She was still in a great mood - not too bad for already driving 3 hours!



Of course, after posing for too many pictures for Mom, the body language was coming through loud and clear!


Sunset Sunday night:


Monday, I went out to a 50th birthday party for a friend from high school.  These shots were taken from in front of her house, and in front of her sister's house.  It was a great party - her sister Hannah is a gourmet chef, and they served their grass feed beef for lunch, and other specialties from either their gardens or from the farmer's market.  Delicious!  They have a ranch dating back to the Peter Lassen days - her family was one of the original settlers there.  We walked around a bit - the newest barn on the property was built in 1909, and Susan's house was built in 1910.





No comments: