Thursday, September 01, 2011

Back to school night was last night - I do like Alli's teacher!  She is making her work hard!  It is amazing the things that they are getting her to do - and so far, no protesting!  The teacher was surprised that I even asked about protesting.  "She's so sweet and happy!  She's never unhappy."  Hmpf!  I think I sent the wrong kid to school!  She is sorting silverware, folding towels, collecting napkin holders after lunch period, sorting and folding paper to be shredded, holding the garbage bag to clean up after lunch, etc.  And it is just the second week!  They may work miracles in this school year!  She is not perfect at all of these things by any means, but she is improving.  Too cool!  Of course, the teacher pointed out all the things that I could be doing with her at home that would help her too.  I'm a lazy mom, and haven't been doing any of it.  I will try to do better, I promise.

It's a short week for me at work this week, but I think I managed to get all 40 hours in the three days.  (I was off on Monday, and I'm taking tomorrow off as well.)  Yesterday, I had 4 meetings that lasted from 8:00 to 2:00 (part of that was lunch with the meeting group at Red Robin - not too tough a meeting!)  Today we have another luncheon - a going away lunch for a person in my department that is retiring next week.  I could get used to all these luncheon meetings!  If only I still didn't have the actual work part to get done too.  Oh well, there's always next week,  The work will wait.  I'm going to enjoy my 4 day weekend!

No comments: