Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm off to Susanville today for Easter. First - a few loads of laundry so Alli and I have clean clothes to wear, and a haircut for Alli. I started laundry last night, so it would be all done, but....I forgot it! I only got one load washed. I'm just not used to doing laundry on a Friday night.

Yesterday was a short day at work. The bank closed at 1:00, and I jumped ship at 12:30 to go to Good Friday Services. Very moving. I haven't attended them before - usually because I am working. Last year, I made it to Ash Wednesday Services for the first time. The way I'm going, I may get all of them in one year in about five years! After services, I went shopping and picked up some new work pants and shirt. Not too bad! Then - I picked up Alli and went to the grocery store and then home and cleaned house. No wonder I forgot my laundry - I was busy!

I found a cute pattern for an egg cozy that I made for the staff at work. They turned out really cute, and were a hit - the chocolate inside probably helped.





I'm off next week to Nashville for a work conference, so when I get back from Susanville, it is more laundry and packing time. The conference should be fun - the people I am going with are a lot of fun. Tuesday is a travel day though - I need to leave the house at 4:00 a.m., and we get in to Nashville at 6:00 p.m. That is a long day! There is a reception at the hotel that night as well, so we will be walking right into "work". We get back to Sacramento at 8:30 Friday night, which means I'll be getting home sometime between 11:00 and midnight. The time changes are going to be rough - about the time I adjust to one, I'll be back in the other.

No comments: