Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Years! I'm a little late getting the blog updated today - nothing has gone as scheduled - no surprise there! I actually slept in today until after 8:00! Wow! That means that Alli slept in too - something that doesn't usually happen on a weekend. I felt like I was coming down with a cold last week (and it is running through the bank) but a good 10 hours sleep seems to have helped me.

When I did get up, it was to a dusting of snow in the yard and on the cars. That was a total surprise too! We hardly ever get snow here, even when Redding gets it. AJ had a couple of friends spending the night last night, and they, of course, stayed up till midnight (and probably long after.) Dallas got up all by himself, and I offered him waffles, which woke AJ up (Waffles? Yes, please!) When I told AJ that it had snowed last night, Conner woke up (Snow! How cool!) They were all pretty disappointed with our little bit of snow. I talked to Mom today, and she said my little brother had two inches at his house, and he lives in Arbuckle - 2 hours south of here!








AJ got his last Christmas present - a kind of congratulations present too - he turned in his Eagle Project last Thursday - a full week ahead of the deadline! He wanted a special type of shoe - I don't even know what they are called, but he has to have special socks for them too - toe socks!






I'm not sure if they are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen, but if not, they are a pretty close second! He loves them, so all is good!

No comments: