Thursday, October 07, 2010

Today is the beginning of a new adventure - a couple of them actually! I take Allison in today to get her measured and 'cast' for her back brace, and AJ goes for his driver's test at DMV. What a day! Both of those scare me! I really think Alli will be okay with a brace, but....if not, I dread dealing with her every day, forcing her to. At least, once we get past the first month or so, it will be more of a routine for her, and so will be easier. I hope!

The company preparing the brace is a customer of the bank, and I have been talking to the owner for many years, but have never met her. When she found out I was coming in today, she made sure she was available to help with the casting. It's amazing how things work out. The cool side of this whole thing - the actual process of designing and fitting the brace is pretty amazing. We'll have to see how Alli does through it all. I'm coming prepared with candy and cookies!

No comments: