Sunday, February 28, 2010

It turned out to be a beautiful weekend! Friday was so nasty, too! Alex was supposed to be snow camping from Friday night through today, but due to a storm blowing through on Friday, the whole trip was canceled. It was the annual Klondike - a weekend of competition for all the scouts in the area. They compete in things from building the highest snow tower to sled races (where the boys are the sled dogs) to rope bridge building. Usually lots of fun, and this year they even had snow for it! Unfortunately, they also had a snow storm with high winds. It is supposed to be rescheduled, but...we'll see!

Saturday turned out to be beautiful - clear skies and sunny, with a temp of around 60 or so. Perfect! Now, did I get busy and get a bunch or yard work done? NO! I did get some weeds pulled though - at least I did something!

I also finished up my grocery bag. I'm not too happy with the top - it pulls it too much, but...I followed the instructions the first time. Next time, I'll do it my way! It may even be better their way - the tighter top may hold 'stuff' in the bag better! I don't think it is a good bag for actual groceries, but it should be good for the Wal-mart trips and other small stuff!



I like how the color pattern worked out - definitely not planned! I started another bag last night - new pattern. The new pattern is made in three pieces - two panels, front/back, and one 'side and bottom' panel. The pattern calls for 'plarn' ("yarn" made from plastic grocery bags cut into strips and looped together) but making plarn is a whole different project, and I am using three strands of regular yarn instead. I figured it was one way to use up some of the extra yarn I have outside in the garage as well! My luck, I will run out of what I have and have to buy new anyway!

No comments: