Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alex took me for my very first drive yesterday - and we both survived, and no damage to anything! He drove me to Anderson to a Trustee's meeting at the church, and did a decent job of it. I think the instructor is right - he just needs the practice now to know when to start his braking, how fast to accelerate, how sharp to turn the corner, etc. Things that he will learn by doing! (My poor stress level!)

I sat down Friday night and found a pattern on-line for a grocery bag, picked up new yarn for it Saturday afternoon, and started it last night while watching the Olympics. I didn't need a new bag - I have plenty of bags now! Still, this one is coming together pretty quickly - I got the base done yesterday, and I didn't work that much on it. (Yes, I was watching the Olympics, but not until after dinner, and I had a headache, so didn't work too hard!) The pattern recommended using the cone of cotton yarn, so there were no knots in the mesh part of the bag, so that was a good excuse to go 'shopping' for yarn! (Like a needed an excuse!) I do like the colors in this cone, but next one will probably be made with my leftover yarn, and if there is a knot in the mesh, it will just have to have a knot in the mesh! (It's a grocery bag - who will notice but me!) Here is my progress to far:



I hopefully will be able to work on it again today - but not until late afternoon. I am getting a late start today, (I got to sleep in until 7:00!) and if the weather holds, I need to do some much needed yard work today. I got most of my list of indoor things done yesterday, but I still have a few things to do inside, just in case the rain moves in like they say it is supposed to.

No comments: