Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's the weekend! and a three day one at that! Added to that, it is a road trip weekend! I took Monday off, and Mom and I are headed out for the weekend. First, we are stopping off in Covelo - just to catch up with some friends. The class I went to grammar school with (we lived there for 5 years, moving just before I started high school) is having a high school reunion. Since there were only 20 kids in our grammar school class, I knew at least half of the graduation class. They planned the reunion to coincide with the annual Blackberry Festival, so even if I don't know a soul, I can at least get some good blackberry jam!

After that, it is off to my sister's in Ft. Bragg, where the high today is supposed to be 71 degrees. It is sitting at 73 degrees right now in Redding, and it is 5:45 a.m.! I can hardly wait - the Redding summer has baked me this year! I hope to get some beach time in - just walking along the beach, looking for shells, and watching the water. Heaven! (And the best part of the weekend???? Ralph is keeping the kids! Just Mom and I are going! What a treat!)

No comments: