Friday, August 28, 2009

Husbands...can't live with them, can't shoot them!! Ralph has had a couple of days off - one due to a mandatory day-off without pay, which is a big bummer, but still, a couple of days off. On Thursday, he cleaned the sink - and actually had to gall to tell me he cleaned the sink! Like I don't clean the sink???? I scrub (like with a scrub pad and Comet!) the sink down every weekend! It just refuses to stay clean! It was like he should be awarded a medal because he 'cleaned the sink'! He made up for it today - which he also had off. His main accomplishment today was gassing up the car. Hmmmm.....I was up at 5:30 this morning, out of the house by 7:10 with both kids, dressed, teeth brushed, breakfast made, lunches packed, all gear gathered for an over-night trip for AJ, dressed for work, including makeup, put in a full day + at work, and home at 5:45, fixed dimmer, put Allison in the pool, cleaned the kitchen after dinner, and he gassed up his car. Something is wrong with this picture!! I am glad he had a chance to just relax - it doesn't happen very often around here!

AJ was off to a soccer tournament in Quincy this morning. They had their first game at 1:00, which they won, and their second game at 3:00, which they lost (all because they had the worst ref's in the world, according to AJ!) That will cost them the opportunity to win the tournament, which is a big bummer. I think I mentioned before that they have won it every year they have entered, so I am sure the coach is way past bummed! AJ sounded a bit down (via text) this afternoon. Hopefully, he can recover enough to enjoy a BBQ at Lake Almanor this evening. They play two more games tomorrow, and are home tomorrow night.



I think I'll just take the opportunity to relax and relive the walk on the beach at Ft. Bragg - just a bit of a breeze, salt air.....ahhhhhhh. These pictures are from Van Damn (sp?) Beach, south of Mendocino on Highway 1. It is one of my favorite beaches, but it was way too crowded on Sunday. It is usually very secluded, but I could hardly find a parking space!

No comments: