Sunday, August 30, 2009

Here's to a lazy Sunday! (I have tons of things to do, but.....they may not get done!) Alli let me sleep in until 6:00 this morning, so I woke up feeling very lazy. I will get motivated shortly, I know, but I love the nice cool mornings we have now! We were up to about 102 yesterday- way too hot still! We are supposed to be cooling down, and I am ready for fall!

Here is a photo of the last baby ensemble I made. The yarn for the hat and blanket is very bulky and soft. They both worked up really fast. As usual, the booties were what everyone oohed and ahhed over though.



Toilet training is beginning to really work with Alli! Last night, she had a BM after she went to bed, so she got herself up and took herself into the bathroom. There is where the training ended, and impulse took over. If no one hears you get up and comes to help you, it must be okay to take a shower, right??? I heard water, and thought it was AJ or Dallas. Then I heard them both talking in the computer room. Uh oh! Luckily, Alli can't turn the shower on, so she was just standing in the tub with water running. I guess she just wanted to cool down???? (This is why we keep the hot water temperature low!)

AJ's team took second in the Quincy tournament - losing to Redding Christian. Ironically, the varsity coach for RC is the coach AJ had this Spring, and also the coach of the summer camps he went to this summer. AJ said he personally played pretty well, and got a lot of game time....until he got hurt (caught a kick in the knee - his weak spot). With 20 kids on the team, playing time is at a premium, and the coach already warned the guys that he is playing to win. They don't have a JV team this year, so there are a lot of kids that would not be playing at the Varsity level yet.

No comments: