Friday, June 12, 2009

What odd June weather we are having! We are getting afternoon thunderstorms, and rain every day, at least in Redding. The house isn't getting a lot of weather, but in town, it is definitely pouring at times! Yesterday, I ran Alex in for a haircut, and got drenched getting in and out of the car. What a difference from our normal 100+ degrees summers before!

Alex decided it was time to go short with his hair!



The first swipe with the trimmers



Dodging the camera - cut it out, Mom!



Halfway there....



The final cut!
As soon as his tan line catches up with the hair cut, he'll look great! We decided it makes him look older (which does not make me any older, thank you!)
Rufus is fitting in well so far. He is out from hiding and visiting with us now, though he is still a bit skittish when the dogs are running around (I don't blame him there!) I thought it would take longer for him to join the family, since it took Lucy two weeks before she would come out from under the bed when we first got her, but he seems pretty darn sociable. Sandy said she thought he would be a year old in August, so he is younger than I thought. He still needs to make a trip to the vet's office though, to get neutered. I hate to do it to a purebred, but I don't want to raise kittens, nor have a male cat around!

No comments: