Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vacation is here! I actually slept in today, too! Alli didn't get up until 7:100 this morning, so I got to sleep in! Of course, she didn't go to sleep last night until around 11:00, so I still got the same hours of sleep, it was just psychological that I got to sleep in.
I got my first 'harvest' from the garden yesterday - green beans and two cherry tomatoes. (Yes, they are green beans, they turn green when they are cooked.) If you look closely, some of the beans are just a bit green already. They were resting on the black plastic I have down in the garden area, and were a bit hotter than normal! There was just enough for two small servings, and I sauteed them in butter with garlic and onions. Yum! I'll be tired of fresh beans (and tired of picking them in the heat) by the end of summer, but the first batch is always special!
We had another thunderstorm come through last night - not as much rain, thunder and lightning, but we have gotten 2.8 inches so far this month - and we are usually very dry in June! Weird weather!
Rufus is still not used to all of us, and he spent all day hiding under the couch. Last night, before dinner, I tried to talk him out (with a couple of kitty treats for bribery) and Ralph took a picture with his phone of me - lovely, isn't it? Rufus still didn't come out then, but the kitty treats must have whetted his appetite, because he came out by himself a little bit later to eat.


He seems fine once he is out - talking to us and everything. He just hides most of the day, I guess. That may be 'normal' for him, we'll see. I have tried to get him to play with some toys, but he doesn't seem interested. He is only about 10 months old, so I thought he would be more playful.

No comments: