Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer is here! We hit at least 105 yesterday - that was as hot as I saw it get. It may have been hotter - I just stopped looking at the thermometer. Instead, everyone went swimming! Even Ralph got in the pool, but he waited until the kids and I were out of it. Alex had a friend over, and they were having too much fun - cannon balls, water balloons,, etc. I think Allison likes it when the boys are making a ruckus - the waves move her around. Ralph prefers a nice calm pool, just so he can float around on it, which is why he waited!

I picked a gallon bucket of beans yesterday from the garden! I have been picking just what I needed for dinner, and the plants were putting out more than that, so I asked the neighbor if she wanted some, and she came over yesterday (at 3:30 - too hot!) to pick some. Between the two of us, we got her a gallon! Now, some of those are too big to cook, but they needed to come off the plants, so she got them anyway! I couldn't believe how much was there! The bean plants are happy! The tomatoes are happy too - they are all full of tomatoes. They just need more time!

No comments: