Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The wind was howling yesterday! I think it must have died down sometime during the night, but it was making creepy noises out in the garage last night. Even AJ got a little weirded out! It really did sound like someone was out in the garage, moving things around out there.

AJ and I had our first chiropractor appointment yesterday. Last week, as part of a 'health and safety' requirement, we had a safety presentation at work (lift with your legs, etc.) from a local chiropractor. He was offering a 'special' for the employees, and I decided to take advantage of it, and make AJ go too. He has been complaining of headaches for years - not migraines, but just a dull, constant headache. We don't get the results of our X-Rays until next week, but we did review the results of a thermal scan on our nerves in our spine yesterday. AJ showed elevated temps where you would expect for headaches - C-1. He topped out at a 4 there (color coded as red), and had a 2 (blue) and 3 (green) in the T2 & T3 area. No biggy. Then my test -what does it mean if it is black? That means you've gone over the ability of the machine to calculate it, and it just throws a number out there. A severe issue is a 4, and I got a 10 on my C1! Lucky me! Since my main issues were my headaches and pain in my upper shoulder (from over use on the computer and crocheting?), I expected to see issue in this area, but a 10? Wow! We go back next week to see what he thinks he can help us with. I'm sure he thinks he can help, so we will probably give him a chance at least. Since the doctor's solution for my shoulder problem is to just give it rest (not practical!) and my headache problems (drugs) we'll see how this works out. It would be nice to have either one 'fixed'!

No comments: