Sunday, February 01, 2009

I think I created a monster! I turned a power tool over to AJ! After cleaning house yesterday, I decided to sweep off the patio. Since I was sweeping dead leaves from the flower garden off of the sidewalk, I decided to pull out the dead day lily leaves in the corner bed. Since the asparagus ferns were mostly dead from the frost, I decided to cut them out too, and then.....since I was cutting back anyway, I asked Ralph for the electric clippers, and turned then over to AJ! Then, the neighbor kid Seth came over. The two of them trimmed up my asparagus ferns, fairy rose bush and the jasmine bushes. The corner yard looks good, but you can't tell I swept the patio off, because the boys hauled their cutting to the garbage through it after I finished sweeping! While they were working on that project, I finished cleaning up the corner bed. The only thing left is to trim back the rose bushes and put more bark down. Not bad for just planning on sweeping the patio and sidewalk off!

Ralph snuck a picture of Lucy the other night. I had already gone to bed, and so had Lucy. She has evidently decided that she needs a foot warmer! She has been sleeping on top of me this winter. I hope she decided not to for the summer! If I push her off to turn over, she waits for me to settle back down, and hops back up again. I'm glad she is a skinny cat. If it was Willey, I'd be crushed!

No comments: