Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a day! I graciously volunteered to drive the scouts up to Mt. Shasta for a day of skiing yesterday. We took 8 boys up (2 dropped out at the last minute) in three cars, and I think they had a marvelous time! There is almost no snow at the park (14 inches at the top of the run!) Several of the boys are beginners, so they spent the morning in lessons (which meant we didn't have to watch them most of the day - just during the lunch break!) Here's a group shot after we got to the park:



Here's a shot of AJ on the lift, and he also took a ride down the bunny hill so I could get a picture of him snowboarding. I couldn't get a shot of him out on the 'real' slopes, as I was not skiing! I usually missed him coming in to the lift, as well. This was only his second time out on a snowboard, and he was out with the other experienced snowboarder. One of the boys 'graduated' to the lift after his lessons. The rest were still restricted to the bunny hill - maybe one more day of lessons?


No comments: