Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What a day! I didn't think yesterday was ever going to end! It started at 4:30 a.m., when Alli woke up. I got up with her, and then walked on the treadmill for 1/2 hour. Actually, I only got in 28-29 minutes, because when I was on the last couple of minutes of my walk, Alli wanted to join me. Since I was on a 'cool down' walk, I thought - why not? I got off and...before I could turn the treadmill off to get Alli on, she stepped on the back of the treadmill - which was running at 2 MPH. Before I could do anything, her foot was whipped off the treadmill and she was on the floor, crying. Poor thing! She had a little bit of swelling on her ankle, but she was limping just a little bit, and was putting all her weight on it, so I thought it might not be too big a deal. I got a call (while I was at lunch and away from my desk) at 1:30. She wouldn't walk on her foot, and she was crying. I got the message about 1:45, and I went and picked her up from school, called the doctor en route, and managed to get an appointment at 2:30, and I got to the office at 2:25. Good timing - about the only thing that was going for me yesterday! The doctor thinks it is just a sprain - nothing broken, but watch her (like I wouldn't!) and bring her back in next week if she isn't walking a lot better. I think I am going to take her to daycare for the day today, just to keep her off of it. I unwrapped it this morning to give her a shower, and it looks a lot better already. Of course, she has had it elevated all night, and it was wrapped, so a lot of the swelling is down. We'll see what it looks like at the end of the day! I have it wrapped up, and some ice on it for a little while this morning.

AJ stayed home sick yesterday. Both he and Ralph caught a cold - both about the same time, so I don't know where they got it. Poor AJ is all congested. I just sent him in to take a shower - maybe that will loosen up his head! He needs to go to school today, if he can. He has missed a lot of school this year - which showed in his grades! I think all of his immunities he built up when he started school have worn out. He is catching every cold that come along this year!

Dad had his surgery on Monday, but is still in the hospital. His oxygen levels keep dropping when they take him off the oxygen. His blood pressure was unstable during surgery, and he had shortness of breath during recovery, and now he isn't getting enough oxygen with normal breathing. Poor thing! Mom kept calling every hour or so (she is back in Susanville - he is in Reno) to see if she could come and get him to take him home, and carried the phone around with her - waiting for the call that never came. Maybe today! I know he doesn't need to come home early, since they are 80+ miles away from the hospital (no one goes to the local hospital if they can help it!), but I also know Dad is a terrible patient, and will be anxious to get home!

No comments: