Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I took today off of work today - turning the three day weekend into a four day weekend! Now, if only I had wonderful plans of things to do! Instead, I spent the morning doing something I did not have on my agenda - watching the inauguration! I'm glad I did, it was a piece of history.

I'm working on an afghan, and last night, I had a helper! Usually, Alli is only interested in the afghan to cover up with, but last night, she started playing with the yarn - tugging on it. We played tug-a-war with it for a few minutes - enough time for Ralph to get the camera out.



Alex has a chemistry project due on Wednesday, so last night (almost the last possible time to do it - no need to rush!) he an Matt got together to work on it. They made a hot air balloon out of tissue paper. They used hot glue and tape, and they did a decent job. Supposedly, it doesn't matter if it flies or not. If they turn in a project that looks like they followed the rules, and it looks like it could fly, they get full credit. If it actually flies, they get extra credit, and the balloon that flies the highest gets more extra credit. I don't know about Matt, but AJ could use all the extra credit he can get! They are actually holding it upside down in the picture - the bottom is reinforced with masking tape, and they didn't want to tear the top by picking it up.



Koori still has her toy! She and Jasper played with it just a little bit yesterday, but they didn't shred it. Koori was napping on the couch, and Ralph picked up the toy and out it under her leg, like she was sleeping with it on purpose. The second shot - "You woke me up for this?"

No comments: