Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home again, home again! Yesterday was our third Thanksgiving dinner in as many days. I need to go walk a few miles today! The trip to Susanville was fun - everyone was there, and the house was full! Luckily, it was nice weather, so the guys could hang outside without freezing. We had 15 for dinner, and Mom was quite happy to have almost no leftovers. That pile of potatoes that looked like too much - disappeared! The turkey - just bones left. There was still plenty of dessert left when we took off, but I bet even that was demolished before the end of the day. It was a fun day, but I don't know how we all fit in that house when we were little! (I know, we were much smaller then!)

Dad and Alli had a running battle for his chair. Alli was good about it - if Dad had the chair, she settled for the couch, but if he got up - it was hers! Dad had a new MRI done a couple of weeks ago, and it showed several new stress fractures, so he is looking at more surgery - probably several more surgeries, since his surgeon doesn't like to treat more than three fractures at a time, and they counted at least 7 new fractures. He is probably exhausted today - he spent most of the day hanging with the guys out in the garage. (That and coming in to see if we had dinner ready yet!)

I finished a scarf for Alli's daycare provider on the way up - I'll try to post a picture later today when I have some natural light. I took the baby sweaters I finished in to work on Friday, and they made it to the babies! Alicia and Isabella just happened to be visiting grandma this week, so Linda brought them it for us to see. They are so sweet! It looks like the sweaters will fit - happy day! I hate making things for babies sometimes - you never know if they will fit until after they are done, and due to my speedy work (ha ha!) by then, they have outgrown them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello