Saturday, November 08, 2008

Ah - Saturday! The day of many options! (Like I ever do anything different!) At least I start out the day (usually) thinking that I have a lot of options of things to do! On my list today - haircut, grocery shopping, house cleaning, yard work (if it doesn't rain) and a Boy Scout function this afternoon. Such FUN plans! If I get all of them done, maybe tomorrow with be a day of fun options?

I added a new 'task' to my routine the last couple of weeks. I have been trying to walk on the treadmill twice a week during the week. (I would like to do three, but so far have just been able to do twice), and both days on the weekend (unless I take the dogs for a walk!). So far, so good! It is hard to find the time. I'm not a good exerciser early in the morning, so getting up early doesn't work well (I find a good excuse to not get up or I want a few minutes to wake up before I get started, and then don't have enough time) and I don't like to exercise after dinner, so....that leaves right after work. Dinner has been a few minutes late around here (and Alli is quick to let me know!), so I can fit the time in - and I have just been walking for 30 minutes! I don't know what I am going to do when I start with more time - later dinner? (I know, heaven forbid that anyone else actually fixed dinner while I am walking!) I'm working on getting dinners that I can start and leave alone (soups, chili, etc) to give me some time, since it is colder now. So far, so good! My ultimate plan is to add some strengthening work on the 'off days', but I haven't gotten that far yet!

Alex has a new sport! He starts wrestling practice next week. I never thought of him as the wrestling type, but it will be good for him. He has been working out a couple of times a week lately as well, at the YMCA after school. The boy has muscles! (He is very proud of those muscles!) Since he is around 6' 3", and 150 pounds, he still looks like skin and bones! I keep hoping he is done growing, but...he still looks a little taller every time I see him. Since his great uncles were 6'6" +, he may still have some growing in him! I keep hoping he will do his growing in the summer, when he is wearing shorts, not jeans!

No comments: