Saturday, September 27, 2008

I think I'm caught up again! It's amazing how much I miss just being gone a couple of days! I went to Susanville Monday night, and came home Wednesday afternoon, and have been chasing loose ends ever since!
Dad's surgery seems to have gone well. He is still trying to recover from the surgery part of it - he said his back hurts in a different way now than before. He was up and moving a little bit after we got him home on Wednesday, and Thursday, I hear he made a trip to town - so far, so good! Ronna is up visiting this weekend, and Jeff is going up on Wednesday, so he will have had all the kids visiting within a week - what a shock!
We got Alli's new therapy machine in this week. Ralph set it up this morning. I don't think Alli likes it as much as we hoped. She didn't seem to take to it very enthusiastically, at least. I think Ralph ruined the first ride at the very beginning - he asked her is she was ready to go ride the horse. She jumped up and was ready to go get in the car and go ride the 'real' horse. (Don't tell me she can process verbal comments!) She was not a happy camper when he put her on the therapy machine instead. I think she will get used to it - after a while. We just can't call it a horse!


Here is a video of the first time she got on it:

No comments: