Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Mt. Lassen hike is definitely postponed. Ronna had serious doubts about even getting across Hwy 20, and the air quality is so bad no one should be climbing! I am going over to Susanville today for Mom's birthday, so will see if the air is any clearer up high. I don't think it will be - there are fires all around. I haven't heard of any local fires burning any structures yet. They have a few road closures up past Shasta Lake City by the dam, but that may be more to keep sightseers out of the area. I had heard you could see the fire up there very well from the Dam, so probably everyone wanted to go take a look! I have been taking the warning seriously about not exercising! I haven't take the dogs on a walk all week! I have thrown Allin in the pool, but that is about all we have done outside. I use the local radio station's website to keep up on the fires. I you want to take a look, it is www.q97country.com. They have a "Latest fire information" link on the right side. It has all the local fire info, including acreage burned.

No comments: