Sunday, June 08, 2008

Check out the new addition to the family! On the pretext of saving gas - Ralph got a motorcycle. It is an older BMW - an '87 BMW K75S. As Ralph said - it could use some work, but he is very happy!


He got a good deal on it, I think, and he hasn't had a motorcycle in years - not counting the Honda 90 that is in the garage already and doesn't run. AJ was very interest in the bike - I think that he may be interested in driving it when he gets a license. The Honda is a dirt bike, so isn't something he could use to go to school, but the BMW - that's a different story!
I'd say it was a busy weekend so far, but I don't have a lot to show for it. I got some laundry done yesterday (bedding and towels) and cleaned up some "problem areas" in the house (went through Alli's clothes and sorted out the ones that don't fit any more, etc.) but that seems to be about it! I have a list of things to do, and got most of them crossed off, but it still doesn't look like I did much. I still need to scrub down the pool today, take AJ and his friend Conner (who spent the night last night) in to Conner's house, go to church, go back in and get AJ and come home and finish laundry, weed the garden, and all the other things I want to get done this weekend!
Alli actually got on the treadmill yesterday by herself - she walked up to it and stepped on while it wasn't running and stamped her feet. I very quickly got her shoes on her and turned it on, and she walked for 10 minutes at just under 2 MPH. Pretty good! I then threw her in the pool for an hour yesterday afternoon. She fell asleep after dinner in her chair, and went to bed at 7:30! I may try that again today - wear her out! She is out of school for the next week, and then starts summer school for 4 weeks.
AJ has three days of school left - all finals. He has supposedly been studying for the last week, but...we shall see. This was not a stellar year for him - he is getting mostly B's in his core subjects, with A's in the "fun" ones (Jazz Band, PE, etc.) I try not to hound him too much - the core classes are actually Advance or Honor classes, and he is ahead of schedule for his math classes (he is taking Algebra II as a freshman, which I took as a Junior) Even the "easy classes" like computer aps is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Part of their final in Computers Aps is to design a computer program for a robot that uses logic to get out of an unknown (to them) maze. I thought the class was just typing and learning to use Word and Excel, etc.! He has discovered that he doesn't like writing code, but he understands programing just a little bit. (I took a college course in computer program to learn the same thing - he is years ahead of me learning what he wants to do when he grows up!)
Poor AJ - he crashed and burned on his rip-stick yesterday. He has been taking Jasper out for a run with him on the rip-stick, and then catching up with Koori and I when we take a walk after dinner. There is one house in the neighborhood that he goes by that quite often has the dogs loose in the yard - one is a standard poodle, and the other is a smaller dog. The first lap he did yesterday, the dogs weren't out. The second lap, they were, and he started turning to avoid them, and Jasper started turning too, and then turned back to go to the dogs. Poor AJ! He said he dislocated his shoulder, but I think he just pulled it - he was using it pretty well last night, so I don't think he really did. He did scrape up his knee and arm, and his wrist (!!!) was sore from landing on it. It wasn't swollen, so I am assuming it was just a bruise, but will check it out this morning, just to make sue. We were teasing him last night that if he broke it, it was going to be tough to take his finals with his left hand!

1 comment:

another jennifer said...

I would pay good money to see you crocheting on the back of the new motorcycle!