Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I tpyed the following this morning, and then Blogspot ate it! I did manage to save a copy of it, but it should have been posted this morning!

Slowly but surely, I will get back into the routine for school! It would help if the routine stayed the same each year, but it changes every year too! This year, Alli's bus comes at 6:55 - last year, it was at 6:25. The bus comes to the driveway, so all I have to do is walk her to the street! AJ has to be at school at 7:30 this year, last year it was 8:15 - which meant he went in early, so I could get to work by 8:00 Now, I get to work early (and stay late - I love being the boss!) Alli is actually easier to get ready for school than AJ. She is used to me telling her to get up and get dressed, etc. AJ got used to sleeping in during the summer, and evidently not using his brain! Yesterday, we were in the car ready to leave. I looked at him and said "Jazz Band starts at 7:30, right?" to which he replied "Yes" to which I replied "Do you have your saxophone?" to which he replied a bad word. We got out of the car (house was locked up) and got the sax. We are back in the car, and I say "Soccer tryouts are from 4:00 to 6:00, so I will pick you up after I get off work, assuming you have your soccer gear with you" to which he replied another bad word. The day was not starting well for him! He had already missed breakfast because he didn't get up in time (even though I called him 3 times)and he was having to make do with a cereal bar, and then to go back into the house twice for stuff (that I had asked him to get ready the night before!). We barely made it in time for class.

Hopefully, today is better. Alli is up early today (she woke me up at 5:00 and then got up at 5:30, which gave me time to get up and get ME ready!) so she is showered and dressed, just needs to be fed and her lunch put together. It will all fall into place once we get through the first week or two. I need to go visit her classroom and meet her teacher, but she has asked us not to come in for the first week so the kids can get into a routine at school first.

The new dog is looking good, so far. I have pre-paid her spay, and the place is calling my vet today for a reference, and then I think they are scheduling a house visit. I think I have made it through every hoop so far. The way it is going, it will be next week before I get her, since I am going to be gone Friday and Saturday. We got the schedule for the tournament, and they boys have to be there for a game at 12:00, so they have to be there at 11:00 for warm-ups, and so I will probably be leaving around the same time I do for work. So much for that day off - no sleeping in for me! (I couldn't anyway - I have to get Alli ready for school.) Their first game is at 9:00 on Saturday, so I won't have a lot of time at Cindy's but she was thinking about coming to see one of the games, so we can talk there too.

No comments: